17 January 2013

Savages of the Contemporary Hunger

I want to savagely affect you and to make your
Ears ring with tense heartbeats and pressure of
Blood expanding past the envelope of sensibility
And devise among interlocked fingers the sort
Of trap one must escape to live but in trying desperately
To do so the only fate of remaining is
Elation at the breathless impending solution
Hoping with ecstatic breaths to fail -
Poems of longing like this allow me perhaps an
Extra few days of life and I must be addicted or
Dependent but for want of you and the smell of you
In the dark of common mornings it is at you
I speak and grasp and I must wonder just as I must
Write that - what in you moves should you see or hear
Me in this moment of the present's edge meeting its
Infinite omnidirectional potential
I move to expansion and in such motion am
Savagely affected
This is you this you know I must believe you know
This you know and your counsel is
Perhaps something you hope to avoid as
I hope to avoid your absence
Whatsoever the risk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment