23 May 2011
09 May 2011
Today's visit to Susubori Academy has us making an old recipe from the Eumsik Dimibang (음식디미방), an old collection of writings concerning, among other things, ancient makgeolli recipes which we are learning.
1st fermentation (밑술):
- 1kg Korean short grain rice, soaked and ground
- 2L water, boiled and let stand to cool
- 150g nuruk, traditional wheat based
The dough should stand at a constant temperature of approximately 24C for 48 hours.
2nd fermentation (덧술):
- 2kg Korean short grain rice, soaked and steamed
- 1L water, boiled and let stand to cool
- 30g whole wheat flour
More on this iyangju as it develops...